[Bug other/50775] Register allocator sets up frame and frame pointer with low register pressure
vmakarov at redhat dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Sun Dec 4 04:09:00 GMT 2011
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=50775
--- Comment #6 from Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com> 2011-12-04 04:09:06 UTC ---
(In reply to comment #5)
> (In reply to comment #4)
>
> > Wrong profitable hard regs calculation for register files requiring aligned
> > start register was a merging problem with a patch for allocation without cover
> > classes.
> >
> > I'll try make a patch this week to solve the problem.
>
> Thanks you are taking care of this. Will it also improve the situation for
> 3-byte types as introduced in PR50931? 3-byte types also start in even
> registers.
I think it will improve.
Sorry for the delay with the patch. The changes are big (the patch is about
1700 lines long) so I need a thorough testing.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list