[Bug target/43751] dsymutil is not called for fortran and, under some circumstances not for other FEs.
iains at gcc dot gnu.org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Sun Dec 5 20:27:00 GMT 2010
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=43751
--- Comment #17 from Iain Sandoe <iains at gcc dot gnu.org> 2010-12-05 20:26:53 UTC ---
dsymutil will generate the same issues for languages already enabled (there are
some cases in the c/c++ test-suite on i686-Darwin9).
my 0.02 euros:
I would prefer to have it enabled for Darwin9 - since that is the last
usable case for ppc (if the test-suite prune approach works, then I much prefer
that over a hack script).
If dsymutil is buggy on Darwin9, there is nothing we can currently do - since
I don't imagine that there will be another update for XCode on Darwin9. Not
enabling it is simply hiding a problem - not solving it.
(maybe one day we'll have time to roll our own and then the dependency will be
resolved).
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list