[Bug libstdc++/41351] std::rotate on RAI does not conform to ISO complexity requirement

potswa at mac dot com gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Sep 15 14:56:00 GMT 2009



------- Comment #21 from potswa at mac dot com  2009-09-15 14:56 -------
Just to be clear that "working properly" in this context means "working faster"
;v) .

I just coded up a special case for k = ± 1 that uses std::copy, which should
map to memmove for std::vector::iterator. That should beat anything else.

When I posted the code I said "for safekeeping." I would like to officially
become a contributor :v) but this is taking a fair amount of time and
theoretically something could make me drop itÂ… but I don't have a job right now
so that's unlikely.

Also, what happens with std::__gcd? We erase it, right, and leave any
surreptitious uses in the cold?


-- 


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=41351



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list