[Bug target/37670] New: ICE while compiling 4.3.1 and 4.3.2 under 4.3.1
ralphs at netwinder dot org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Sun Sep 28 23:41:00 GMT 2008
Successfully built gcc 4.3.1 toolchain using 4.1.1
Cannot rebuild 4.3.1 under itself, see error message below.
Same problem occurs when trying to build 4.3.2.
Looks similar to http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=29693 except:
- compiling for oabi not eabi
- building 4.3.x not 3.4.x
I wonder if this was fixed in 4.1.1, but there may be a regression with 4.3.x?
Otherwise I cannot explain how I managed to build 4.3.1 in the first place.
/home/build/rpmbuild/BUILD/gcc-4.3.1-20080801/obj-armv4l-redhat-linux-gnu/./gcc/xgcc
-B/home/build/rpmbuild/BUILD/gcc-4.3.1-20080801/obj-armv4l-redhat-linux-gnu/./gcc/
-B/usr/armv4l-redhat-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/usr/armv4l-redhat-linux-gnu/lib/
-isystem /usr/armv4l-redhat-linux-gnu/include -isystem
/usr/armv4l-redhat-linux-gnu/sys-include -g -fkeep-inline-functions -O2 -O2 -g
-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -fsigned-char -march=armv4 -DIN_GCC -W -Wall
-Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition
-isystem ./include -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC -g -DHAVE_GTHR_DEFAULT
-DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED -I. -I. -I../.././gcc -I../../../libgcc
-I../../../libgcc/. -I../../../libgcc/../gcc -I../../../libgcc/../include
-DHAVE_CC_TLS -o unwind-dw2.o -MT unwind-dw2.o -MD -MP -MF unwind-dw2.dep
-fexceptions -c ../../../libgcc/../gcc/unwind-dw2.c -fvisibility=hidden
-DHIDE_EXPORTS ../../../libgcc/../gcc/unwind-dw2.c: In function
'init_dwarf_reg_size_table':
../../../libgcc/../gcc/unwind-dw2.c:1411: internal compiler error: in
arm_dbx_register_number, at config/arm/arm.c:18265
--
Summary: ICE while compiling 4.3.1 and 4.3.2 under 4.3.1
Product: gcc
Version: 4.3.1
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P3
Component: target
AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
ReportedBy: ralphs at netwinder dot org
GCC build triplet: armv4l-redhat-linux-gnu
GCC host triplet: armv4l-redhat-linux-gnu
GCC target triplet: armv4l-redhat-linux-gnu
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=37670
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list