[Bug fortran/37445] Host-associated proc not found if same-name generic is use-associated
burnus at gcc dot gnu dot org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Sep 10 11:34:00 GMT 2008
------- Comment #8 from burnus at gcc dot gnu dot org 2008-09-10 11:33 -------
> actually, I rather sure that gfortran gets it wrong. This would be a
> wrong-code
Unless it were accepts-invalid. (Which I don't think, see below.)
Unfortunately, I yesterday somehow completely missed the second CONTAINS, which
makes putALine an internal procedure to subroutine S3, which changes the
picture as this is no longer a USE-associated issue but a internal procedure
vs. host-associated.
Sorry for misreading this. I believe it is allowed per "16.4.1.3 Host
association", but I cannot find the case of an internal procedure. Maybe it is
also hidden in "16.2 Scope of local identifiers", which rules out some cases
which do not apply (and one could argue it thus allows this not ruled out
case).
In any case, I believe (now that I saw the second CONTAINS) that the programs
in comment 3 and comment 7 are valid.
Sorry again for my misreading.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=37445
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list