[Bug c/38029] New: --with-dwarf2 installation fails
vikram dot varshney at maharan-intl dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Nov 6 08:02:00 GMT 2008
Commands are :
export PATH=/home/vikram/vikram/usr/local/atmel/bin:$PATH
../gcc-4.0.1/configure --target=avr --with-dwarf2
--prefix=/home/vikram/vikram/usr/local/atmel --enable-languages=c
make
make install
# /home/vikram/vikram/usr/local/atmel/bin is area where i have installed the
compiler.
###############################################################################
Error :
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [libgcc/./_muldi3.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/vikram/vikram/gcc-avr/install-gcc-4.0.1/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vikram/vikram/gcc-avr/install-gcc-4.0.1/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
###############################################################################
How do we fix it? It works perfectly if I remove the "--with-dwarf2" option
while configuring. But I need the debugger. Plese fix the bug or suggest some
other suitable version of gcc. I have marked myself too. In case, you have any
doubts or questions, please contact me.
Regards
Vikram Varshney
--
Summary: --with-dwarf2 installation fails
Product: gcc
Version: 4.0.1
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P3
Component: c
AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
ReportedBy: vikram dot varshney at maharan-intl dot com
GCC host triplet: i686
GCC target triplet: avr-gcc
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=38029
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list