[Bug middle-end/26061] error and warning count
hyperquantum at gmail dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Jul 21 11:33:00 GMT 2008
------- Comment #20 from hyperquantum at gmail dot com 2008-07-21 11:32 -------
(In reply to comment #19)
> I really don't want to make it default off as it's really useful. I hope to fix
> the patch and make it default on for gcc 4.4 at least.
I agree. What's the status for getting it into 4.4?
People complain that changing GCC's output will break tools that parse that
output. I can understand why they're complaining, but IMHO this reveals a more
fundamental problem. The current diagnostic output tries to serve two purposes:
being readable for humans and being parseable by tools. And I think those two
should be separated. Why not have the default output be human-friendly, and
introduce a separate option, say "-fparseable-diagnostics" to switch to an
easily parseable output format?
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=26061
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list