[Bug fortran/33254] Diagnose different string lengths in array constructors at run time
dominiq at lps dot ens dot fr
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Oct 11 12:35:00 GMT 2007
------- Comment #7 from dominiq at lps dot ens dot fr 2007-10-11 12:34 -------
> This is weird, and can't really be (well, in a hypothetical world where
> only the bounds check goes wrong), as the whole array has only a single
> string length, so I would expect it to either print two length one
> strings or two length two strings, not one lenghth one string and one
> length two string.
I am not sure to understand the above. Each element of z is a string of length
2,
y(1:len(trim(y))) is also of length 2, while x(1:len(trim(x))) is of length
one,
so the constructor should give an error.
> Are these with or without Paul's patch?
with otherwise I got an ICE.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=33254
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list