[Bug testsuite/32062] gcc revision 20070523 - Non-existant sse4 test (with wrong path) causes "UNSUPPORTED" for working tests
rob1weld at aol dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu May 24 05:01:00 GMT 2007
------- Comment #4 from rob1weld at aol dot com 2007-05-24 06:01 -------
According to this page: http://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/
The newest version is being called binutils-2.17.50 (name for snapshot).
ftp://sourceware.org/pub/binutils/snapshots/
05/17/2006 12:00AM 13,716,872 binutils-2.16.93.tar.bz2
06/12/2006 12:00AM 13,814,217 binutils-2.16.94.tar.bz2
05/22/2007 05:47AM 14,958,122 binutils-2.17.50.tar.bz2
The "best" solution for Debian _might_ be:
cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sourceware.org:/cvs/src login
{enter "anoncvs" as the password}
cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sourceware.org:/cvs/src co binutils
and then go here: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/binutils and apply
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/binutils/binutils_2.17cvs20070426-5.diff.gz
- making sure not to _undo_ anything, just planning to get the Debian'isms and
GNU/Linix'ishness .
After I do this it can not be "my" fault, correct ?
Do you have better advice?
I maintain that this should not be neccesary. It is like this for a lot of
parts of GCC, requiring bleeding edge (Like GTK libs). I can do it and don't
mind but it reduces the number of people who can do everything and increases
tech-support / bug reports.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=32062
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list