[Bug libstdc++/29286] [4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3 Regression] placement new does not change the dynamic type as it should
gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue May 22 19:53:00 GMT 2007
------- Comment #123 from gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu 2007-05-22 20:53 -------
Subject: Re: [4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3 Regression] placement new does not change the
dynamic type as it should
"mrs at apple dot com" <gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org> writes:
| I think it is reasonable to push the tighening language into the
| standard, as that is what we meant and our wording was meant to be
| as tight as C.
As C99, I guess.
I'm making the distinction between what the C++ standard currently
says, and what we would like it to say to benefit from some
optimizations with not too heroic effort. That is why I would like a
core issue, and a resolution to change the current wording so that access
to union mambers are spelled out clearly.
| The effective type of an object for an access to its stored value is the
| declared type of the object, if any.
for C++, we need also to take into account placement-new (the original
subject reported here).
-- Gaby
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=29286
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list