[Bug c++/31502] gcc/g++ randomly seg faults, sometimes freezes the entire machine
pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Mon May 7 02:00:00 GMT 2007
------- Comment #6 from pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org 2007-05-07 03:00 -------
compiling software always taxes the system more than any thing else as it is
using more of the CPU time and memory and disk than most other software. So if
you have an over heating machine or bad memory, you will get random failures.
I was getting random failures while the AC is turned off while bootstrapping
GCC all time and now I don't once the company I work for keeps it on during the
weekends. Of course this was only on my x86 machine and on my PS3, it would
not crash or fail, meaning the PS3 was build to with stand the heat while the
x86 machine was not.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=31502
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list