[Bug libstdc++/32499] libstdc++ testsuite fails on platforms without ranlib
ro at techfak dot uni-bielefeld dot de
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Jul 5 15:43:00 GMT 2007
------- Comment #6 from ro at techfak dot uni-bielefeld dot de 2007-07-05 15:42 -------
Subject: Re: libstdc++ testsuite fails on platforms without ranlib
hp at gcc dot gnu dot org writes:
> I'm not the one adding the ranlib invocation, just the one last touching it,
Indeed: I found that Benjamin first introduced libtestc++.a and the ranlib
invokation.
> see for example also PR30675. Don't check for RANLIB, it's for the host and
> we're testing for the target.
I think this is wrong: the toplevel Makefile has, in BASE_TARGET_EXPORTS,
RANLIB="$(RANLIB_FOR_TARGET)", so it seems we should check for RANLIB
instead of RANLIB_FOR_TARGET.
> The framework in this case the toplevel, is responsible for passing a
> RANLIB_FOR_TARGET. There's the bug, IMHO.
The other problem is that the fallback of : for RANLIB_FOR_TARGET doesn't
work with local_exec "$ranlibcommand", while using true is ok. This should
be fixed in the toplevel configure.ac (NCN_STRICT_CHECK_TOOLS,
ACX_CHECK_INSTALLED_TARGET_TOOL).
Rainer
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=32499
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list