[Bug c/30559] New: compiler loops forever with flag -O3
dcb314 at hotmail dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Jan 23 16:12:00 GMT 2007
I just tried to compile Suse Linux package libnasl-2.2.6-40
with the new GNU C compiler version 4.3 snapshot 20070119.
I used compiler flag -O3. The compiler appeared to hang
for more than 30 minutes when compiling source code file regex.c.
I tried compiling the same file with the same compiler and
flag -O2 and the compiler took 5 seconds.
I tried compiling the same file with gcc 4.1.2 and flag -O3
and that compiler took 2.3 seconds.
I checked the memory usage of the 20070119 compiler and
it was about 40Megs on an idle system with 512Meg of RAM
fitted.
Preprocessed source code attached. Flag -O3 required.
--
Summary: compiler loops forever with flag -O3
Product: gcc
Version: 4.3.0
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P3
Component: c
AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
ReportedBy: dcb314 at hotmail dot com
GCC host triplet: x86_64-suse-linux
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=30559
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list