[Bug bootstrap/30541] Top-level should pass GNATBIND, GNATLINK and GNATMAKE variables down
bonzini at gnu dot org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Jan 23 14:09:00 GMT 2007
------- Comment #11 from bonzini at gnu dot org 2007-01-23 14:09 -------
You're right. gnattools is only built at the end of the bootstrap.
I'd prefer a slightly more conservative patch; I don't want to fix things later
if we know that the tools are needed somewhen during the build.
So, rather than deleting the GNATBIND variable, I prefer to leave it aside and
also provide GNATMAKE/GNATLINK default definitions:
GNATBIND = $(STAGE_PREFIX)gnatbind
GNATMAKE = gnatmake
GNATLINK = gnatlink
in both Make-lang.in and Makefile.in. (sidenote: after this patch is committed
I'll remove STAGE_PREFIX altogether from mainline).
True, they seem to be unused, but it's better to be consistent; for the same
reason I prefer to pass GNATLINK down too via flags_to_pass.
Please post the fixed patch (without the generated files) to gcc-patches after
these changes. Thanks!
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=30541
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list