[Bug bootstrap/30495] can't compile on AIX
mircea_lutic at yahoo dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Jan 18 15:54:00 GMT 2007
------- Comment #2 from mircea_lutic at yahoo dot com 2007-01-18 15:54 -------
out of memory allocating 16 bytes after a total of 4161654796 bytes
/etc/security/limits:
default:
fsize = 2097151
core = 2097151
cpu = -1
data = 262144
rss = 65536
stack = 65536
nofiles = 2000
I had someone add memory to the machine and still :
build/genattrtab ../../gcc/config/rs6000/rs6000.md > tmp-attrtab.c
out of memory allocating 16 bytes after a total of 4161654796 bytes
On a closer look that's 4161654796 =F80D-D00Ch
I mean genattrtab is trying to allocate 4 gigs of mem
I think this is a bit too much for anything a compiler might want to do.
I suspect it's allocating storage in a loop
Fortunately I found the gcc binaries for my machine (as a matter of fact I used
gcc 4.1.1 to compile itself).
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=30495
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list