[Bug ada/30806] execvp: gcc: Argument list too long
krischik at users dot sourceforge dot net
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Feb 15 17:40:00 GMT 2007
------- Comment #2 from krischik at users dot sourceforge dot net 2007-02-15 17:40 -------
Hello Arno,
I reported a few similar bugs to the PolyORB team long ago and we found the
reason as well:
Windows:
-------------------
gnat-mingw-gcc-4.2.0.log:checking the maximum length of command line
arguments... (cached) 8192
gnat-mingw-gcc-4.2.0.log:finding the maximum length of command line
arguments... (cached) 8192
-------------------
SuSE Linux:
-------------------
gnat-pro-6.0.0w.log:finding the maximum length of command line arguments...
49153
gnat-pro-6.0.0w.log:finding the maximum length of command line arguments...
(cached) 49153
-------------------
./configure allways makes that check but no one cares. Or better: can care -
as I don't know another way to pass the files to the linker.
Sitenote: Linux increased from 32k to 48k since I last checked. But personaly I
think that ever increasing command lines can't be the answer.
You say "WORKSFORME" - So how do you make it work? A shorter path then
"gcc-4.2-20070207" to save a few precious bytes? A custom made bash shell (if
that is at all possible)? Did you test Windows at all?
It is not my aim to upset you with bug reports.
Martin
--
krischik at users dot sourceforge dot net changed:
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Status|RESOLVED |UNCONFIRMED
Resolution|WORKSFORME |
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=30806
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list