[Bug rtl-optimization/32283] Missed induction variable optimization
amonakov at gmail dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Dec 5 16:26:00 GMT 2007
------- Comment #15 from amonakov at gmail dot com 2007-12-05 16:26 -------
Zdenek,
please kindly share your thoughts on concerns expressed in previous comments.
The failures of number-of-iterations analysis prohibit applying modulo
scheduling to many simple loops that are otherwise eligible; in fact, I now
test SMS with either your patch reverted, or with -funsafe-loop-optimizations,
but I believe this is not a healthy state.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that optimizing out the variable
that holds number of iterations is not desirable on targets that have doloop
machine idiom, because doloop rtl pass will re-introduce it in a specially
designated register. However, ia64 does not allow arithmetic operations with
loop counter, so it would be nice if iv-opts transformed the loop to the form
where decrement-and-branch-on-zero are the only uses of this variable, when
possible.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=32283
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list