gcc-3.4.6 and sh-unknown-linux-gnu build error
Andrew STUBBS
andrew.stubbs@st.com
Mon Apr 2 09:30:00 GMT 2007
Motohisa Moriya wrote:
> Andrew STUBBS wrote:
>
>> There's no such thing as an SH4E. There is an SH3E and it shares the
>> same single-precision support as SH4, thus there are some places where I
>> would expect to see such an #if.
>
> It is said that the libgcc.a multi-library cannot be made because an impossible
> register is referred for SH3 if I say easily.
> It is said that it makes an error of making the multi library in
> sh-unknown-linux-gnu on the way so that the register definition of 2.4 factions
> Linux may refer to an impossible combination for this because define is done
> with SH4E and SH4.
> Therefore, if this patch is put away without recapitulating as --
> target=sh-unknown-linux-gnu, it is sure to become an error.
> The header file was made here based on crosstools 0.84, and it succeeded in
> making of all libraries since it had it of seeing the header file.
>
> It ..said extent alone.. is not thought that the SH architecture can be basic in
> my understanding big endian and set little endian to the end.
> Endian is not seen on the linux side but the SH3 architecture or the SH4
> architecture is not passed though the register for SH4 is referred when the
> header file on the linux side sees the register of SH4 ..seeing...
> At least, only refer to SH4E SH4 when you see the register added with SH4 on the
> linux side.
Sorry, I find this very hard to read. I think you found it very hard to
write. :)
I do not say that the code is right. I say that changing SH3E to SH4E is
wrong. It might be that completely removing SH3E is right. Perhaps the
error is somewhere else.
Kaz, I don't know if you have already seen this message. Perhaps you can
help Motohisa, both with the compiler and the language barrier?
Andrew
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list