[Bug c++/16782] Accepts qualified member function declaration in class
gdr at integrable-solutions dot net
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Sep 15 19:34:00 GMT 2005
------- Additional Comments From gdr at integrable-solutions dot net 2005-09-15 19:33 -------
Subject: Re: Accepts qualified member function declaration in class
"jason at redhat dot com" <gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org> writes:
| Subject: Re: Accepts qualified member function declaration
| in class
|
| dank at kegel dot com wrote:
| > gcc-4.1 had a stated goal of giving every warning a name,
| > and letting them be turned on and off individually.
| > Jason, are you also opposed to that feature of gcc-4.1?
|
| No. The difference is that this diagnostic should really be an error,
| we're just making it a pedwarn to allow noncompliant code to build when
| it's clear what it means.
While I said previously that I would prefer a switch over a documented
extensions; I would also like to point out that pedwarns really are
differents beasts -- and really are errors. They are not like the
kind of "uninitialized var" warnings.
-- Gaby
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16782
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list