[Bug target/23687] Crosscompiler looks for files it never built
rsandifo at gcc dot gnu dot org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Sep 13 07:50:00 GMT 2005
------- Additional Comments From rsandifo at gcc dot gnu dot org 2005-09-13 07:50 -------
Re crti.o and crtn.o: can I just check that you unpacked unmodified
FSF sources, configured with those arguments, ran "make", and that
"make" completed successfully, but that crti.o and crtn.o were
somehow not built? If so, I'll need a log of the make process.
FWIW, many people build cross mips*-linux-gnu compilers, and I don't
remember ever hearing of this kind of problem before. In case it helps
debugging, the rules to make crti.o and crtn.o are in config/mips/t-elf.
As discussed on the gcc lists, crt1.o and friends are provided
by glibc.
Using newlib for mips*-linux-gnu is basically unsupported. I wouldn't
recommend trying it unless you're really keen on sorting through the
fallout yourself ;)
If you want us to look at the ICE, we'll need preprocessed
input. Please see the bug-reporting instructions for details.
--
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Status|UNCONFIRMED |WAITING
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=23687
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list