[Bug c++/21799] [4.0/4.1 regression] Spurious ambiguity with pointers to members
nathan at gcc dot gnu dot org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Fri Jun 24 15:53:00 GMT 2005
------- Additional Comments From nathan at gcc dot gnu dot org 2005-06-24 15:53 -------
looking carefully, this is exposing an existing bug that we deduce 'const X' against
template <class T> void f (T &, void (T::*)() );
this should not happen. Previously we must have been deducing both and then
selecting the second one as more specialized.
Although I have not developed a patch, any patch will (more than likely) be
non-trivial. I'll work on a fix, but don't think we should hold up 4.0.1 for
it. Does 4.0.0 compile spec2005? If it does, then I don't think we expect any
performance difference between 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 anyway. If it doesn't, are all
of those failures fixed in 4.0.1? If they are not, I don't think this one
change matters in that regard.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=21799
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list