[Bug c++/22284] [4.1 Regression] Many C++ testsuite failures
joseph at codesourcery dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Sun Jul 3 13:54:00 GMT 2005
------- Additional Comments From joseph at codesourcery dot com 2005-07-03 13:54 -------
Subject: Re: [4.1 Regression] Many C++ testsuite failures
On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, jakub at redhat dot com wrote:
> Ok, I can now reproduce the g++.dg/eh/cond1.C failure with trunk GCC.
> It works well when run against 4.0 libstdc++.so, or 20050625 HEAD one
> (but in that case built with the -fstack-protector patch in).
> Now, g++ 4.0 compiled/linked g++.dg/eh/cond1 also works when run against 4.0
> libstdc++.so, or 20050625 HEAD one, but segfaults when using 20050703 HEAD
> libstdc++.so (FYI, libgcc_s exact version doesn't matter).
> cond1.s compiled by 20050703 HEAD and 4.0 is in fact identical except
> .ident and COMDAT section names.
> I have also built 20050703 HEAD libstdc++.so with g++ 4.0 (had to add
> #include <ia64intrin.h> into ia64/atomicity.h), and cond1 also segfaults
> against such built libstdc++.so. That g++ 4.0 was without -fstack-protector
> patches FYI.
> So I'm pretty positive this is caused by some libstdc++ EH change,
> with http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-cvs/2005-06/msg01019.html being the suspected
> one.
I'm now running binary searches on ia64-hp-hpux11.23 and
hppa64-hp-hpux11.23 to confirm the responsible patches on those platforms.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=22284
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list