[Bug middle-end/13776] [4.0 Regression] Many C++ compile-time regressions for MICO's ORB code
kgardas at objectsecurity dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Jan 26 10:25:00 GMT 2005
------- Additional Comments From rguenth at tat dot physik dot uni-tuebingen dot de 2005-01-26 10:24 -------
Subject: Re: [4.0 Regression] Many C++ compile-time
regressions for MICO's ORB code
> Bah, I hate profiles for "cc1plus -O2 ir.ii" without peaks:
>
> CPU: P4 / Xeon with 2 hyper-threads, speed 3194.17 MHz (estimated)
> Counted GLOBAL_POWER_EVENTS events (time during which processor is not
> stopped) with a unit mask of 0x01 (mandatory) count 100000
> samples % symbol name
> 25018 1.6858 walk_tree
> 24322 1.6389 cgraph_node_for_asm
> 19586 1.3198 htab_find_slot_with_hash
Do you have numbers wether we are memory-bandwith limited here? If
not, we might micro-optimize hash table access somewhat more.
------- Additional Comments From kgardas at objectsecurity dot com 2005-01-26 10:24 -------
Subject: Re: [4.0 Regression] Many C++ compile-time
regressions for MICO's ORB code
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, steven at gcc dot gnu dot org wrote:
>
> ------- Additional Comments From steven at gcc dot gnu dot org 2005-01-26 10:20 -------
> Bah, I hate profiles for "cc1plus -O2 ir.ii" without peaks:
True, if I may add something, I would recommend to look at why ir.cc
regress so much in memory consumption in comparison with 3.4.x. If you
solve this, perhaps compile time regressions goes away too.
Thanks,
Karel
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=13776
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list