[Bug c/19435] New: spurious warnings with nested array constructors
rfeany at mrv dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Fri Jan 14 03:08:00 GMT 2005
I have tried this with both gcc 3.3.5 and 3.4.4:
gcc-3.4 (GCC) 3.4.4 20041218 (prerelease) (Debian 3.4.3-6)
Copyright (C) 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
gcc (GCC) 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-5)
Copyright (C) 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Here is code:
struct thing {
unsigned char *ptr;
};
struct thing array[1] = {
{ .ptr = ((unsigned char []) { 0x1, 0x2 }) }
};
And the warnings I don't think I should be getting:
{rfeany@bugs}$ gcc-3.4 -c test.c
test.c:9: warning: excess elements in array initializer
test.c:9: warning: (near initialization for `(anonymous)')
If i change array[1] to array[2] then I recieve no warnings.
It seems as if the outside array size is being used to check the internal
array constructor thinggy.
--
Summary: spurious warnings with nested array constructors
Product: gcc
Version: 3.4.4
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P2
Component: c
AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
ReportedBy: rfeany at mrv dot com
CC: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
GCC build triplet: i686-pc-linux-gnu
GCC host triplet: i686-pc-linux-gnu
GCC target triplet: i686-pc-linux-gnu
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=19435
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list