[Bug tree-optimization/19853] [4.0 Regression] ICE with address in struct assignment
rth at gcc dot gnu dot org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Sat Feb 12 15:41:00 GMT 2005
------- Additional Comments From rth at gcc dot gnu dot org 2005-02-12 01:36 -------
Diego, I think it's clear that adding a new global variable is much trickier
business than we've previously given it credit.
For the special case of calls, we could get away with recording which
to-be-renamed variables are actually new and if the variable is call-clobbered,
add a vop at the call site.
But that doesn't handle any pointer operation referencing global non-conflicting
TMT's. And I'm definitely not certain if or how NMTs might need updating to cope
with the newly exposed variable.
I'm not sure how to do anything but run a brand-new alias pass here and anywhere
else we expose new global variables (e.g DOM?).
--
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CC| |dnovillo at gcc dot gnu dot
| |org
Last reconfirmed|2005-02-09 14:38:06 |2005-02-12 01:36:31
date| |
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=19853
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list