[Bug libmudflap/21023] New: mudflap reports errors
hermantenbrugge at home dot nl
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Apr 14 16:17:00 GMT 2005
Yesterday I upgraded my fedora core 3 instalation and got gcc4 installed.
I tested the mudflap code and found a problem. The reduced test case is
below.
when I have two programs a.c and b.c
-- a.c --
typedef struct { char *name; } dummy;
dummy d[] = { {"a"}, {0} };
-- b.c --
typedef struct { char *name; } dummy;
extern dummy d[];
int
main (void)
{
dummy *pd = d;
while (pd->name)
{
printf ("%s\n", pd->name);
pd++;
}
}
and compile this with:
gcc4 -fmudflap a.c b.c -o a -lmudflap
when I run the program I get:
a
*******
mudflap violation 1 (check/read): time=1113495140.046642 ptr=0x8049a00 size=4
pc=0xb7eff322 location=`b.c:9 (main)'
/usr/lib/libmudflap.so.0(__mf_check+0x44) [0xb7eff322]
./a(main+0x8b) [0x8048787]
/usr/lib/libmudflap.so.0(__wrap_main+0x1d8) [0xb7f0004e]
Nearby object 1: checked region begins 8B before and ends 5B before
mudflap object 0x80ca090: name=`__mf_lc_mask'
bounds=[0x8049a08,0x8049a0b] size=4 area=no-access check=0r/0w liveness=0
alloc time=1113495140.046375 pc=0xb7effe0a
Nearby object 2: checked region begins 16B before and ends 13B before
mudflap object 0x80ca028: name=`__mf_lookup_cache'
bounds=[0x8049a10,0x80c9a0f] size=524288 area=no-access check=0r/0w liveness=0
alloc time=1113495140.046371 pc=0xb7effe0a
number of nearby objects: 2
There should be no error.
I think the problem is in tree-mudflap.c in function mudflap_finish_file.
Here is a check for TREE_STATIC. I think this should be !TREE_PUBLIC ???
I assigned this to 4.0.1 because I probably can not assign this to 4.0.0
anymore?
--
Summary: mudflap reports errors
Product: gcc
Version: 4.0.1
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P2
Component: libmudflap
AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
ReportedBy: hermantenbrugge at home dot nl
CC: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
GCC build triplet: i386-redhat-linux
GCC host triplet: i386-redhat-linux
GCC target triplet: i386-redhat-linux
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=21023
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list