[Bug fortran/17927] Math error in simple divide operation
jvdelisle at verizon dot net
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Oct 12 04:57:00 GMT 2004
------- Additional Comments From jvdelisle at verizon dot net 2004-10-12 04:57 -------
Subject: Re: Math error in simple divide operation
On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 09:00, tobi at gcc dot gnu dot org wrote:
> ------- Additional Comments From tobi at gcc dot gnu dot org 2004-10-11 16:00 -------
> Actually, looking at this again, gfortran's behavior is correct.
>
> If you had written
> big = 2.0_8 / 3.0_8
> you would have gotten the result you were expecting.
>
> I think, adding a warning would be the best route for "fixing" this problem.
I tried this same program with g95 before I submitted a bug and got what
I thought was the correct results without needing the additional _8 .
Do the standards specify that default precision for constants is kind=4?
I suppose then that a warning would be good when mixing precisions in
assignments.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=17927
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list