[Bug target/14454] [3.3/3.4/4.0 Regression] virtual function with vararg won't compile
ebotcazou at gcc dot gnu dot org
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Sun Oct 10 08:39:00 GMT 2004
------- Additional Comments From ebotcazou at gcc dot gnu dot org 2004-10-10 08:39 -------
> It will be a negative number, the value of which depends on the number of
> vbases + virtual functions declared with morally[%] virtual heirarchies.
> I suspect mip's -32768 limit would be a sensible implementation limit. That will
> allow 8192 virtualbases+virtualfunctionswithinthem
Thanks for your answer. I presume 8192 is valid only in 32-bit mode? In either
case, this doesn't really matter since we (almost always) have 2 scratch regs in
64-bit mode. The problematic case is 32-bit mode, where we only have 1 scratch
reg and the range of the 'add' immediate field is -4096..4095. Given your
estimation, I think I'll not add spill code and always resort to multiple adds.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=14454
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list