[Bug target/15383] __float128 function name is used for long double

zack at codesourcery dot com gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed May 12 17:46:00 GMT 2004


------- Additional Comments From zack at codesourcery dot com  2004-05-11 20:37 -------
Subject: Re:  __float128 function name is used for long
 double

> __divtf3 is an alias for __divxf3, which is a 80bit long double
> function for backward compatibility. Since gcc 3.4.0 supports
> __float128, gcc will use __divtf3 for 128bit floating point number.
> __divtf3 should be either removed or implement __float128 operation.

I think __divtf3 must remain as it is now, or we break the C ABI.

When I originally implemented this stuff I proposed using the HPUX
function names for __float128 operations (_U_Qf* -- see
ia64_hpux_init_libfuncs) but it was considered to be moot as long as
we didn't actually have an 128bit floating point library.  Has that
changed?

zw


-- 


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=15383



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list