[Bug c/15772] "Permission denied" compiling glibc 2.3.3 on reiser4: EACCES fatal to #include
ed at catmur dot co dot uk
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Jun 2 13:25:00 GMT 2004
------- Additional Comments From ed at catmur dot co dot uk 2004-06-02 13:25 -------
"It's not a bug, it's a feature". Files-as-directories is part of what reiser4 is.
I see two issues here.
First, reiser4 giving an EACCES or ENOENT where classically an ENOTDIR would be
expected. So this is different behaviour. That doesn't mean that it's wrong;
Hans has made it clear that files-as-directories is the direction reiser4 is taking.
Second, even if a reiser4-specific patch were possible the situation remains
that (on any filesystem) an inaccessible directory somewhere along the include
path breaks that #include statement. I have tried but I can't think of a good
reason for this behaviour. I can file it as a separate bug blocking this bug if
you want.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=15772
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list