[Bug target/13836] Illegal instruction calling function pointer

sdowning at fame dot com gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Jan 27 14:03:00 GMT 2004


------- Additional Comments From sdowning at fame dot com  2004-01-27 13:27 -------
(In reply to comment #7) 
> Subject: Re:  Illegal instruction calling function pointer  
>  
>         Neither the attachments nor the text in the bug report contain a 
> definition of the Device array of structs. 
 
When you said to check that the struct wasn't packed, I assumed you were 
referring to my original program, not the sample code (which doesn't contain 
any structs) 
 
>         Please make sure that you are using the native AIX assembler and 
> linker, not the AIX Toolchain for Linux.   
 
Looks like this is probably the issue.  I didn't build gcc from scratch, I 
downloaded from UCLA's Public Domain Software Library.  I'd be surprised if 
they built with the GNU as, so I have a config problem. 
 
Just mv'd the as and ld that gcc was using to gnu-as and gnu-ld, reran my test 
case and the symptom goes away. 
 
Thanks for the hand holding. 
 

-- 


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=13836



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list