[Bug c++/13683] [3.3/3.4 Regression] bogus warning about passing non-PODs through ellipsis

giovannibajo at libero dot it gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Jan 20 14:11:00 GMT 2004


------- Additional Comments From giovannibajo at libero dot it  2004-01-20 14:11 -------
Subject: Re:  [3.3/3.4 Regression] bogus warning about passing non-PODs through ellipsis

gdr at integrable-solutions dot net wrote:

>> Passing a non-POD object through ellipsis is undefined behaviour
>> *if* the call is done. In our situation, there is absolutely no call being
>> performed (nor code generated where we abort), so there is no
>> undefined behaviour.

> I can understand your request in the case of sizeof but I do not
> understand it as rephrased as above.  How precisely do you define call
> being performed or code generated?

I was thinking of something along the lines of "potentially evaluated",
[basic.def.odr]/2.  Anyway, if we both agree on my request for the sizeof()
case, I'm happy with it, I'll let you pick my explanation of it which is more
correct, or please do provide your own reasoning for this.

Giovanni Bajo




-- 


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=13683



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list