[Bug c++/13753] New: miscompilation with -fnew-ra on xCHM

gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Jan 20 00:31:00 GMT 2004


	Internal compiler error with the following report:
	g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../art  -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-2.4 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -D__WXGTK__ -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES  -O2 -fmove-all-movables -fnew-ra -finline-limit=600 -maccumulate-outgoing-args -minline-all-stringops -fprefetch-loop-arrays -mno-align-stringops -frename-registers -mfpmath=387 -march=athlon-xp -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe  -W -Wall -MT chmfile.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/chmfile.Tpo"
	bitfiddle.inl: In function `u_int64_t sr_int(unsigned char*, int*, unsigned
	char, unsigned char, size_t&)':
	bitfiddle.inl:148: internal compiler error: in reloads_to_loads, at
	ra-rewrite.c:1068
	Please submit a full bug report,
	with preprocessed source if appropriate.
	(please don't care about the kernel version/patch, it's just my personal modification to make this radeon9800XT work with the framebuffer)

Environment:
System: Linux StrongHold 2.6.1-paya1 #2 Fri Jan 16 16:44:24 ART 2004 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
Architecture: i686

	
host: i686-pc-linux-gnu
build: i686-pc-linux-gnu
target: i686-pc-linux-gnu
configured with: /var/tmp/portage/gcc-3.3.2-r5/work/gcc-3.3.2/configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/3.3 --includedir=/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.2/include --datadir=/usr/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3 --mandir=/usr/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3/man --infodir=/usr/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3/info --enable-shared --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=i686-pc-linux-gnu --with-system-zlib --enable-languages=c,c++,f77,objc --enable-threads=posix --enable-long-long --disable-checking --enable-cstdio=stdio --enable-clocale=generic --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.2/include/g++-v3 --with-local-prefix=/usr/local --enable-shared --enable-nls --without-included-gettext --disable-multilib

How-To-Repeat:
	With this CFLAGS and the version of gcc, emerge xchm in gentoo.
	CFLAGS="-O2 -fmove-all-movables -fnew-ra -finline-limit=600 -maccumulate-outgoing-args -minline-all-stringops -fprefetch-loop-arrays -mno-align-stringops -frename-registers -mfpmath=387 -march=athlon-xp -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe"
------- Additional Comments From jvillavicencio at arnet dot com dot ar  2004-01-20 00:31 -------
Fix:
	remove -fnew-ra and it compiles perfectly.

-- 
           Summary: miscompilation with -fnew-ra on xCHM
           Product: gcc
           Version: 3.3.2
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P3
         Component: c++
        AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
        ReportedBy: jvillavicencio at arnet dot com dot ar
                CC: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
 GCC build triplet: i686-pc-linux-gnu
  GCC host triplet: i686-pc-linux-gnu
GCC target triplet: i686-pc-linux-gnu


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=13753



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list