[Bug tree-optimization/18880] DSE is not doing its job for global variables

law at redhat dot com gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Dec 8 20:02:00 GMT 2004


------- Additional Comments From law at redhat dot com  2004-12-08 20:02 -------
Subject: Re:  DSE is not doing its job for
	global variables

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 18:03 +0000, pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org wrote:
> ------- Additional Comments From pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org  2004-12-08 18:03 -------
> Yes I know it is regression only time which is why I filed it and marked it as an
> enhancement
OK.


>  but I should note that I found this while looking into a benchmark.
Were you looking at the final output, or just the output from the SSA
optimizers?  As I mentioned, we have a DSE that works on the RTL level
which ought to have a reasonable chance of catching this.

If you get a chance to play with the patch and benchmark it, that would
be great.

Jeff

ps.  What benchmark?






-- 


http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=18880



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list