[Bug middle-end/18785] [4.0 Regression] isdigit builtin function fails with EBCDIC character sets
kghazi at verizon dot net
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Dec 2 15:56:00 GMT 2004
------- Additional Comments From kghazi at verizon dot net 2004-12-02 15:56 -------
Subject: Re: [4.0 Regression] isdigit builtin function fails with EBCDIC character sets
> However, the s390x-ibm-tpf example does not use those macros.
No really it doesn't. I just check both again.
> I can attach a listing, since I doubt that you have this compiler built in
> place, and it will be apparent that the builtin is behaving improperly,
> comparing against ascii '0' even though the compiler is translating all
> character literals into IBM1047.
No need, I believe you that there's a problem (I just wanted to make sure we
had the right testcases.)
The feedback I got for the original patch was inconsistent though.
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-04/msg00593.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-04/msg00851.html
I'm not sure how to proceed. What I'd like to do is disable the builtin if
input_charset != narrow_charset (using the libcpp names.) I don't know if
we have access to the charset bits or iconv stuff in the middle-end. Most
of that is handled by libcpp or the C family frontends.
--
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=18785
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list