[Bug java/16899] Gcj does not produce working executables for big endian ARMs
jari dot korva at iki dot fi
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Aug 16 08:37:00 GMT 2004
------- Additional Comments From jari dot korva at iki dot fi 2004-08-16 08:36 -------
By chance, I found out that by commenting out a few lines from
ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader(), I'm able to produce working binaries for armv5b.
I didn't include a patch because this does not seem look like a real solution:
public static ClassLoader getSystemClassLoader()
{
// Check if we may return the system classloader
// SecurityManager sm = System.getSecurityManager();
// if (sm != null)
{
Class c = VMSecurityManager.getClassContext()[1];
ClassLoader cl = c.getClassLoader();
// if (cl != null && cl != systemClassLoader)
// sm.checkPermission(new RuntimePermission("getClassLoader"));
}
return systemClassLoader;
}
Does anyone who has more knowlegde about gcj internals have any idea what is the
real reason behind this? I also confirmed that the bug still exists in gcj 3.4.1.
--
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version|3.4.0 |3.4.1
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16899
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list