[Bug c/12440] gcc 3.3.1 on i386 linux 2.4.22 crashes during compilation of quicktime4linux 2.0.0
fritz at reichmann dot tv
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Sep 29 10:34:00 GMT 2003
PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12440
------- Additional Comments From fritz at reichmann dot tv 2003-09-29 09:07 -------
Subject: Re: gcc 3.3.1 on i386 linux 2.4.22 crashes during compilation of quicktime4linux 2.0.0
That is well possible. I notice a general system slow down during compiler crash and a
lot of harddisk activity which might be the swapping. The mashine is a 256MB laptop,
btw.
Leaving the bug as-is is fine to me. I turned off some of the the flags, and now it
compiles fine. That is enough for me.
Fritz
Zitiere falk at debian dot org <gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org>:
> PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT*
> gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12440
>
>
>
> ------- Additional Comments From falk at debian dot org 2003-09-29
> 08:57 -------
> Out of memory problem. To me, it looks like the test case is simply too
> large
> to be compiled with full optimization and inlining. I don't think
> there's much we
> can do about that, but I'll leave it open for now, maybe somebody else
> finds
> something particularly memory-eating in this test case.
>
>
>
>
> ------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
> You reported the bug, or are watching the reporter.
>
>
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list