[Bug java/12374] Segfault on "".x
suckfish at ihug dot co dot nz
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Sat Sep 27 23:05:00 GMT 2003
PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12374
suckfish at ihug dot co dot nz changed:
What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
AssignedTo|unassigned at gcc dot gnu |suckfish at ihug dot co dot
|dot org |nz
Status|NEW |ASSIGNED
------- Additional Comments From suckfish at ihug dot co dot nz 2003-09-27 21:49 -------
Having a go at fixing this...
The problem appears to be that qualify_amibiguous_name is marking the expression
as a package access... it skips the string, and tries to look-up x. As there
is no definition of x in scope, it assumes that x is a package name and marks
the expression with RESOLVE_PACKAGE_P. Unsurprisingly, later on we get pretty
confused by this.
I think that most of the logic in qualify_ambiguous_name is unnecessary, as it
overlaps resolve_expression_name and resolve_qualified_expression_name, so I'll
try stripping q_a_n to the minimum required. If that doesn't work, I'll try to
patch just the broken cases in q_a_n (there are several).
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list