bogus newlines from diagnostics
Andrew Pinski
pinskia@physics.uc.edu
Sun Sep 21 06:11:00 GMT 2003
On Sep 20, 2003, at 21:35, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Andrew Pinski <pinskia@physics.uc.edu> writes:
>
> | On Sep 20, 2003, at 21:19, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> | > Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com> writes:
> | >
> | > | I don't know when this started, but all the recent pretty-print
> | > | and diagnostic changes are yours. Would you please fix it?
> | >
> | > Yes, I'll investigate. Thanks.
> |
> | I think it was added when the pretty-print stuff was added,
> | this is only for helping you, not a criticism as the pretty-print
> | changes makes life easier.
>
> and I appreciate. I don't take it as a criticism. The odd thing is
> that I'm not seeing it in the C++ front-end.
Me either, that is odd.
>
> | I did not complain at all because I
> | thought that was the expected behavior (and I liked it as it showed
> | that the error message from from an included file).
>
> it is not expected behaviour. Hmm, I'm curious; are you saying that
> you prefer the extra newline?
It separate the error messages that is all, it helps a little on the
eyes.
Andrew
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list