gcc 2.95

Jim Wilson wilson@tuliptree.org
Sun Sep 7 04:18:00 GMT 2003


Barry Hancock wrote:
> I presume a makefile or whatever should be -mc68020, but is missing the m, 
> however, I cannot find it in any file.

It is probably internal to gcc.  Try adding -v to the failing gcc 
command line.  I would guess a bug in one of the various *SPEC macros in 
the gcc m68k port.

> I am wondering - is this a lost cause ? Is the m68k tree out of date or 
> something ?

The m68k toolchain is not as well maintained as it used to be, but it 
should be possible to build a working m68k-elf toolchain with a bit of 
hacking.

> I am attempting to build from the sources supplied with Mandrake Linux 8.2 on 
> a Red Hat Linux 6.2 system which uses egcs 2.91 on a PC.

2.91 is really old.  We stopped supporting it a long time ago.  We are 
at 3.3.1 now.  I'd suggest trying something newer.
-- 
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list