GCC 3.4 Build Problem

Cliff mlist@citiz.net
Fri Sep 5 17:46:00 GMT 2003


Hi, All

My version of gcc is gcc-3.4-20030903 downloaded from source.redhat.com
My system type is Cygwin under windows 2000 sp4

I use ../configure --target=arm-rtems --without-newlib to build a bootstrap compiler and it is ok.
Then I go to the newlib (checked out yesterday via cvs) and build it use
../configure --target=arm-rtems
make
make install
It is also ok.

But when I want to build the real compiler, I use ../configure --target=arm-rtems --with-newlib --enable-threads=rtems --enable-languages=c,c++
then just type make
It reports:

make[3]: Entering directory `/bak/gcc-3.4-20030903/out-arm-rtems/arm-rtems/thumb
/libiberty'
if [ x"" != x ]; then \
  /bak/gcc-3.4-20030903/out-arm-rtems/gcc/xgcc -B/bak/gcc-3.4-20030903/out-arm-r
tems/gcc/ -B/usr/local/arm-rtems/bin/ -B/usr/local/arm-rtems/lib/ -isystem /usr/
local/arm-rtems/include -isystem /usr/local/arm-rtems/sys-include -c -DHAVE_CONF
IG_H -O2 -g -O2  -mthumb -I. -I../../../../libiberty/../include  -W -Wall -Wtrad
itional -pedantic  ../../../../libiberty/regex.c -o pic/regex.o; \
else true; fi
/bak/gcc-3.4-20030903/out-arm-rtems/gcc/xgcc -B/bak/gcc-3.4-20030903/out-arm-rte
ms/gcc/ -B/usr/local/arm-rtems/bin/ -B/usr/local/arm-rtems/lib/ -isystem /usr/lo
cal/arm-rtems/include -isystem /usr/local/arm-rtems/sys-include -c -DHAVE_CONFIG
_H -O2 -g -O2  -mthumb -I. -I../../../../libiberty/../include  -W -Wall -Wtradit
ional -pedantic ../../../../libiberty/regex.c -o regex.o
In file included from ../../../../libiberty/../include/xregex.h:26,
                 from ../../../../libiberty/regex.c:195:
../../../../libiberty/../include/xregex2.h:551: warning: ISO C90 does not suppor
t `static' or type qualifiers in parameter array declarators
In file included from ../../../../libiberty/regex.c:649:
../../../../libiberty/regex.c: In function `byte_regex_compile':

../../../../libiberty/regex.c:4255: internal compiler error: in output_address,
at final.c:3170
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make[3]: *** [regex.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/bak/gcc-3.4-20030903/out-arm-rtems/arm-rtems/thumb/
libiberty'
make[2]: *** [multi-do] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/bak/gcc-3.4-20030903/out-arm-rtems/arm-rtems/libibe
rty'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/bak/gcc-3.4-20030903/out-arm-rtems/arm-rtems/libibe
rty'
make: *** [install-target-libiberty] Error 2



The same error also appears while I'm building an arm-elf target with command
../configure --target=arm-elf --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --enable-languages=c,c++


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list