[Bug bootstrap/12732] New: gengenrtl: cannot execute binary file
caw at gasnaturalban dot com dot ar
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Oct 22 19:54:00 GMT 2003
PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12732
Summary: gengenrtl: cannot execute binary file
Product: gcc
Version: 3.3
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P2
Component: bootstrap
AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
ReportedBy: caw at gasnaturalban dot com dot ar
CC: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
I'm upgrading GCC from 'gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)' to gcc 3.3 on an
IBM Mainframe (S/390).
I 'make bootstrap-lean' and I got the following message:
Bootstrapping the compiler
make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/dasdc/gcc-3.3-obj/gcc'
make CC="gcc" libdir=/usr/local/lib LANGUAGES="c " \
CFLAGS="-g " MAKEINFO="/mnt/dasdc/gcc-3.3/missing makeinfo --no-split" \
MAKEINFOFLAGS="" COVERAGE_FLAGS=
make[2]: Entering directory `/mnt/dasdc/gcc-3.3-obj/gcc'
./gengenrtl -h > tmp-genrtl.h
/bin/sh: ./gengenrtl: cannot execute binary file
make[2]: *** [s-genrtl] Error 126
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/dasdc/gcc-3.3-obj/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/dasdc/gcc-3.3-obj/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap-lean] Error 2
I have binutils 2.13.2.1 and glibc 2.2.5.
Could You help me, please?
Thanks in advance
Claudio
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list