[Bug target/12579] gengtype core dumping on Origin with MIPSpro 7.4

wilson at specifixinc dot com gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Oct 22 05:52:00 GMT 2003


PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12579



------- Additional Comments From wilson at specifixinc dot com  2003-10-22 05:44 -------
Subject: Re:  gengtype core dumping on Origin with MIPSpro
 7.4

rrr6399 at futuretek dot com wrote:
> The include files for MIPSPro7.4 are in /opt/MIPSPro/74/usr/include. I've tried
> specifying the location of the compiler include files using:
> -I/opt/MIPSpro/74/usr/include

Use -isystem instead if -I.  -I will put the directory in the wrong 
place in the search path, which will cause gcc to accidentally use 
system headers instead of local headers when there are name clashes. 
Also, gcc knows that system headers are special, and will give 
appropriate warnings for them, which usually means no warning at all. 
Gcc will also add implicit extern "C" for some targets which may be 
needed to make C++ work right.

You might want to modify gcc sources so it is found automatically.  If 
all system header files are in /opt, then I think that modifying 
STANDARD_INCLUDE_DIR in cppdefault.c and SYSTEM_HEADER_DIR in 
Makefile.in is sufficient.  If you have 2 system header directories, 
then in cppdefault.c set SYSTEM_INCLUDE_DIR to the first one and 
STANDARD_INCLUDE_DIR to the second one.  In Makefile.in, set 
OTHER_FIXINCLUDES_DIR to one and SYSTEM_HEADER_DIR to the other.  This 
is a rough guideline of the necessary changes.  You probably need to 
experiment a bit to find the right set of changes to make this work. 
This is a rare problem, so this stuff is not as clean as it could be.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list