[Bug bootstrap/12631] New: make -k check fails: ERROR: (DejaGnu) proc "exp-debug" does not exist

peter at pub-link dot com gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Thu Oct 16 00:35:00 GMT 2003


PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12631

           Summary: make -k check fails: ERROR: (DejaGnu) proc "exp-debug"
                    does not exist
           Product: gcc
           Version: 3.2.3
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: bootstrap
        AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
        ReportedBy: peter at pub-link dot com
                CC: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
 GCC build triplet: same
  GCC host triplet: sparc-sun-solaris2.7
GCC target triplet: same

Trying to build and test gcc 3.2.3 .  Tools were: gcc 3.1, gmake, gnu as, gnu ld.
Used "configure --prefix=/usr/devel/gcc-3.2.3 --enable-languages=c  
--disable-multilib" .
"make bootstrap" worked without error.
"make -k check"  failed on the very first test:

  WARNING: Couldn't find the global config file.
  Test Run By  peter on  Wed Oct 15 etc.
  Native configuration is sparc-sun-solaris2.7
      ===  gcc tests ===
  ERROR: (DejaGnu) proc "exp-debug" does not exist
  The error code is
  The info on the error is:

     === gcc summary ===

I can't figure out why dejagnu or expect fails.  I'm using dejagnu 1.4.3, 
tcl/tk 8.2, and expect 5.31 .  I can do "expect -d script" and it does go 
into debug mode.

Have I done something wrong?

-- Peter Butterfield



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list