c++/10888: [3.3/3.4 regression] [diagnostic] inlining failure for allocate in ~vector()

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@integrable-solutions.net
Wed May 21 12:52:00 GMT 2003


Laurent Bonnaud <bonnaud@lis.inpg.fr> writes:

| On mer, 2003-05-21 at 00:24, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > I can't qualify this a regression since -Winline never really worked
| > in previous releases (and that was broken for ages).
| 
| g++ 3.2 does not output a warning for this program. Does this mean that
| 
|  1. the function is inlined by g++ 3.2 or

No.

|  2. the function is not inlined but g++ 3.2 fails to output a warning ?

Yes.

That is what I meant by "and that was nroken for ages".

| If the answer is 1. (and g++ 3.3 does not lie about the function not
| being inlined) then I consider this bug to be a regression that may have
| some impact on the execution speed. If the answer is 2. then this is an
| improvement :>.

Exactly.

-- Gaby



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list