[Bug other/9816] GCC 3.2.2 (Mingw Release candidate version) - Regression in building GNU Emacs 21.3 (CVS)
ishikawa at yk dot rim dot or dot jp
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Sat Jun 28 18:25:00 GMT 2003
PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=9816
------- Additional Comments From ishikawa at yk dot rim dot or dot jp 2003-06-28 18:25 -------
I had a similar experience, but not quite exact (slightly different
compiler version.).
Under UltraSparc Solaris 8,
- gcc 3.2.3 could compile emacs 21.3 and the resulting binary could
compile emacs lisp libraries.
- gcc 3.3 could compile emacs 21.3, but the resulting binary
failed to compile emacs lisp libraries. During the compilation of
one of the lisp files, the resulting binary seg-faulted!
This is very similar to what is observed in the original bug report.
So I had to downgrade to 3.2.3.
Since the compiler binary is fetched from
http://www.sunfreeware.com
I don't have exact details regarding the compile options.
(However, it seems to be a straight forward
configure
make bootstrap
...
)
I will check if I can glean more information by reading
bugs.html page.
I am writing this still since the similar experience
on different architecture points to a real bug (not a bogus one).
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list