[Bug libobjc/11273] New: make install fails in libobjc directory
charles_cox at att dot net
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Fri Jun 20 20:26:00 GMT 2003
PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11273
Summary: make install fails in libobjc directory
Product: gcc
Version: 3.3
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: P2
Component: libobjc
AssignedTo: unassigned@gcc.gnu.org
ReportedBy: charles_cox@att.net
CC: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
GCC build triplet: sparcv9-sun-solaris2.9
GCC host triplet: sparcv9-sun-solaris2.9
GCC target triplet: sparcv9-sun-solaris2.9
'make install' fails in libobjc and sparcv7/libobjc. The libtool in that
directory seems to be confused by having /bin/ksh in front of the install-sh
command. I think the /bin/ksh is there due to setting CONFIG_SHELL to /bin/ksh
as recommended in the Solaris2-specific tips. I edited the Makefiles in
sparcv9-sun-solaris2.9/libobjc/ and sparcv9-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv7/libobjc/ and
replaced $(INSTALL) with '<path>/install-sh -c' in two places around line 325.
Now make install works properly. I had no such problems with the libtool that
is in the libstdc++ directory.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list