[Bug optimization/9711] glibc 2.3.1 miscompiled (mcpu=i686, mcpu=athlon, -fomit-frame-pointer)

bangerth at ices dot utexas dot edu gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Fri Jun 20 19:30:00 GMT 2003


PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=9711



------- Additional Comments From bangerth at ices dot utexas dot edu  2003-06-20 19:27 -------
Subject: Re:  glibc 2.3.1 miscompiled (mcpu=i686, mcpu=athlon, -fomit-frame-pointer)


> As I wrote earlier I got it working with the specs file but there was a
> dependency where to specify these options. 

Whatever the case may be, I don't think one can consider it a bug if you are 
messing with the specs file. Even if it doesn't work, people will be 
unwilling to fix it. It's the same as if you said "I patched the compiler and 
it doesn't work any more". The specs files are supposed to be machine 
generated and not to be messed with by hand. If you do it nevertheless, you 
are on your own.

W.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wolfgang Bangerth              email:            bangerth@ices.utexas.edu
                               www: http://www.ices.utexas.edu/~bangerth/



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list