minor problems building gcc-3.3 on Solaris 9

Chuck Cox Chuck.Cox@Sun.COM
Fri Jun 20 16:39:00 GMT 2003


I have successfully compiled gcc-3.3 on Solaris 9 (sparcv9-sun-solaris2.9), but 
I wanted to report a couple of minor problems that I ran into:

- 'make bootstrap' built the compiler just fine but was failing in libstdc++-v3. 
  I had to add an '#include <unistd.h>' in basic_file.cc to get the prototype 
for ioctl().  After that, the boot strap finished up just fine.

- 'make bootstrap' did not build libintl for some reason.  'make check' fails in
libstdc++-v3, g++, and objc because gcc can't find libintl.so.2.  I tried to 
force it to find a pre-existing copy, but couldn't get it to work.

- 'make install' breaks for libobjc and sparcv7/libobjc.  The libtool in that 
directory seems to be confused by having /bin/ksh in front of the install-sh 
command.  I think the /bin/ksh is there due to setting CONFIG_SHELL to /bin/ksh 
as recommended in the Solaris hints file.  I replaced $(INSTALL) in the 
Makefiles with '<path>/install-sh -c' and then it worked.


Other than that, things went pretty well.  Even the multilib stuff worked, which 
I was never able to get working with 3.2.1...


Thanks,
Chuck Cox




More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list