debug/9179: make modules: encode-gbk.o encode-gbk.c

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 13 05:17:00 GMT 2003


> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mantel/next/RPM/kernel-source-2.4.19.SuSE-127.i586.rpm 
> and I don't know which file(s) you exactly want. Sorry, I am not a 
> programmer, but of course I will help you as much as I can. The pc 
> now runs with a working kernel, but has all the kernel-sources 
> installed. So If you tell me the exact name and if possible the 
> path I will compress the files and send them to you.

The failure happened with encode-gbk.c, so what you should do is to do the 
same build again, wait until it crashes. Then go into the directory from 
which the compilation was invoked (from the output you sent, this should 
be /usr/src/linux-2.4.19.SuSE/drivers/video/unicon), and do the following
- issue the same compilation command as what make tells you was the last 
  command; this should crash the compiler again
- do the same thing, but add the flags -save-temps to the commen line;
  this should again crash the compiler, but leave behind a file named
  encode-gbk.i
- send this .i file to us, as this is what we need

Thanks
  Wolfgang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wolfgang Bangerth             email:            bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu
                              www: http://www.ticam.utexas.edu/~bangerth/





More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list